LAW&BUSINESS – an independent expert view of clients’ business. By providing legal assistance, we implement legal risk management and due diligence
Legal Due Diligence
Legal audit of a business is a comprehensive legal audit of the activities of a company or a group of companies for compliance with Ukrainian legislation. The goal is to analyze the problems and weaknesses of the business, to identify and reduce the existing and possible legal risks. A detailed report is drawn up based on the results of the legal audit.
What is Legal Due Diligence and when is it needed?
Confidence in business partners can only be based on complete, objective and reliable information. To obtain such information in relation to business, counterparties and transactions performed, a Due Diligence procedure is required.
Due Diligence literally translated from English means "due diligence" or "due diligence". This concept is increasingly used by tax and judicial authorities to assess the legality of the conclusion of transactions and establish relationships with counterparties.
When is Legal Due Diligence Needed?
To be sure of the reliability of partners and the purity of the transactions, they carry out a comprehensive legal check of the legal status of a company, a group of companies, and individual assets for compliance with legislation.
As a rule, the need for legal audit arises in the following cases:
- Investment planning
- Business acquisition and sale
- Control and improvement of business performance
- Business restructuring and reorganization
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Acquisition of real estate
- Making a major deal
Legal Due Diligence identifies existing and potential legal risks in the following areas:
- Corporate relations and corporate governance
- Movable and immovable property
- Power of attorney
- Labor Relations
- Conflicts and litigation
- Intellectual property
- Information systems and technologies
- Regulatory issues
During a legal audit, the following is carried out:
- checking the legal status of a legal entity;
- study of constituent, permitting and other documents, licenses;
- analysis of rights to objects of movable and immovable property;
- control of compliance with environmental legal norms.
Also, in the course of legal Due Diligence, the following are assessed at will:
- ways of acquiring a business or an individual asset,
- the ability to optimize corporate governance and the structure of the audited company,
- ways to improve individual business processes,
- corresponding schemes and recommendations.
When investing in real estate, the following are subject to verification:
- constituent documentation;
- building licenses;
- project documentation.
What is the cost of a legal audit of a business?The final price of a legal audit is determined on an individual basis. It all depends on the amount of work. It is easy to order a complex due diligence procedure for a business in the law firm LAW & BUSINESS: fill out a short form on the website or call the indicated numbers. Get your first legal audit consultation free of charge.
How to start cooperation
We are with you at every step
1. Contact us
2. Discuss your task
3. Determine the scope of work
4. We provide a commercial offer
5. We sign the contract …
We write about what is good for business
Legal due diligence (ldd) is an independent verification (legal audit) of certain legal aspects of the client’s activities by qualified lawyers in order to identify